Tuesday, January 1

This Girl Has Returned! (Minus Some Hair)

My hair went from being the longest it's ever been to being the shortest it's ever been last week. Chase's mom owns a hair salon, so she has been my hair cutter ever since Chase and I started dating. It's awesome. I've been wanting to cut my hair short for over a year, but I could never build up my courage enough to take the plunge. I kept seeing pictures of Anne Hathaway and Emma Watson and wishing I could do that, but then I would think about how long it takes me to grow my hair out. Which is basically forever and a day. But I finally did it!  
Here's the before picture.
IMG_0036
Holy hell, that's a lot of hair
IMG_0038
IMG_0039
Gross. I think hair that's not attached to a person's head it one of the most despicable things in the world.
IMG_0042
And it's done! I really, really like it. I feel like my hair isn't as "pretty" anymore, because I can't do it in big curls, but I seriously feel so much cooler with short hair. I guess I feel like people will take me more seriously, almost. I'm really not sure why I feel like that. Haha.
IMG_0050
My freaking gorgeous husband also got his hair cut. :)
IMG_0056
I'm pretty sure this haircut is going to be the gateway haircut. Now that I've cut it this short, I'll probably keep cutting it shorter and shorter until I can finally attain Emma Watson-esque hair. We'll see what happens.    Also, if you're wondering if I have a girl crush on Emma because of how much I mention her, then you're totally right. She's so cool.

12 comments:

  1. That's so cool about your hair. I had my short for over 3 years. I finally am growing it back out. I miss the easy days but I love being able to do more then brush it. Still cute on you. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave myself a mohawk this summer. Then last month I cut the middle to match the sides that are growing out...it's wayyy short, and I probably won't ever do it again, but it was fun. And it's not so bad while it's short, it's the in between, growing out stage that gets awkward. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! I think you could really pull off a pixie cut. I already know I can't, because I used to have a really short--almost pixie haircut and people literally asked if I was a boy or a girl. Not good.
    And that picture of you and your husband--you guys make such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave! I have just been wanting to get bangs and I am too scared to even do that. Your hair looks great, go flaunt it!

    Your newest follower,
    Fanny
    www.pinstripedpenguin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks AMAZING!!! It's perfect for you and you're totally rocking it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! How cute MaryBeth! :)

    I just wanted to pop over and let you know that I’m now a regular hostess for the BRAND NEW The Great Blog Train Blog Hop which is hosted by myself and two other ladies! I’d love for you to stop by and add a link to your wonderful blog! Thanks!!

    http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-great-blog-tain-blog-hop.html

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome!! I also love Emma Watson's pixie cut (Carey Mulligan, too), but have too large head/face to attempt it on myself. I love to see other people pull it off though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The haircut looks SO perfect on you! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fabulous! I love growing my hair long than chopping it off...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous !!! love the new hair ! it fits you perfectly so lovely :) glad to see you are back. hope that you had an amazing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back! I forgot to mention that I'm co-hosting a New Years Giveaway! There are a TON of blogs who contributed add space so it's one to enter for sure! Check it out here: http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2012/12/giveaway-hosted-by-let-them-eat-cake.html

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love it, it's so cute!
    Tiffany
    www.fabulessinheels.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover