Sunday, January 20

Pattern Mixing

Sundays. I usually wake up about thirty minutes before I leave for church, because I'm all put together and industrious like that. I just really, really enjoy sleeping in on the weekends, thus the whole getreadyreallyfastforchurch thing. Sometimes I end up with jeans and toms, but other times I actually put together an outfit on the fly that works out. I really liked the way this outfit looked. Oh, and you should totally notice the pattern mixing thing going on. I'm pretty proud of it. :)

Point number two: If hair is newly fixed and has enough product on it, it most definitely works for the next day as well. Is that gross? I don't know. I justify my hair habit by reasoning that washing my hair too much can cause excess dryness, and I definitely don't want that. Therefore, wearing slept-on hair to church is actually a good thing. Right? 
IMG_9919
IMG_9921
IMG_9922
IMG_9923

Outfit Details:

Striped Shirt -- Salvation Army $.66
Plaid Shirt -- Mossimo via Goodwill $2.99
Skirt -- Gap via Goodwill $3
Tights -- Old
Boots -- Target $15
Purse -- Dooney & Bourke via Salvation Army $8

Total Cost: $29.65

7 comments:

  1. Cute outfit. Love your shoes.
    I'm totally ok with the next day hair - I do it all the time!

    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so obsessed with this outfit! Might have to recreate it on my own...And second day hair is just fine, I do it more than I'd like to admit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your thrift finds! I need to get something "new" for Chinese New Year. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.sg/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit and those shoes are gorgeous!!
    Oh and about you hair... its totally not gross at all! :D
    http://suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please - I do every-3-day hair. Stylists will often recommend the less you wash your hair the better (within reason). Half the times it looks better the dirtier it is...that's why Bumble & Bumble came out with sea spray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh girl...you know I love me a vintage Dooney...my hubby thinks I have a problem...thos shoes are adorable! and if you know me well...I NEVER wash my hair...haha and the funny part is I get more compliments when it is dirty!!!!haha Love it thanks for linking up!!!

    Shana
    ColorBlind

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I love this outfit, what great finds. I lived in America for over 10 years and one of the things I really miss are the huge Good will stores. We have charity shops in the UK, a lot of them, but they are all small and don't have any where hear the stock GW has. I have to say I got my best ever charity shop bargain over here though, a brand new, genuine, 100% leather Hugo Boss slouch bag, for £3, about $5!!! Retails for over £300, but that was a one of, sadly lol
    I found your blog by checking out some of the blogs posted on the blog hop page last week, and decided to find some nice ones to follow, and hopefully get them to follow back. So I am now following you on GFC :)
    Angela xx

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover