Sunday, January 27

French Braid Ponytail

FrenchBraid

Okay, since last week's hair tutorial worked great at making me more adventurous with fixing my hair, I decided it would be a great trend to continue. :) I found the idea for this at The Small Things Blog. Her hair was several inches longer than mine, so I had to adapt it a little bit to adjust for the length. Here are the steps.

Step 1: I started with clean hair with mousse in it. Now that I'm thinking about it, day old hair would probably be great for this style to add more texture.

IMG_2009
Step 2: Blowdry until hair is fully dry.
IMG_2010Step 3: Curl hair with a 1" curling iron. I basically only curled the top part of my hair since it was going in a pony tail anyway. That saved some time. 
IMG_2012
Step 4: On my non-bang side, I sectioned off the front part of my hair and pinned it forward. 
IMG_2013
Step 5: Make a part in your hair down to the base of your neck. French braid that part and put it in a small elastic. I used kind of large pieces while french braiding so it wouldn't be too tight.
IMG_2015
Step 6: Pull all hair back into a ponytail. Take the front part that was sectioned off and gently pin it into the ponytail as well, taking care not to cover the braid. That's it!
IMG_2018
IMG_2019
I loved the simplicity of this style. I'm not sure how long it took me since I was taking pictures and sharing the bathroom mirror with Chase this morning. But it was probably around 15 minutes or so from wet hair to done. BUT, that's probably not typical. I have soft, fine, sorta thin hair. Both of my sisters and my mom have at least double the amount of hair I have (not fair), so for the average person it may take longer than that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Definitely going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover