Friday, August 31

This Picture


Yes. Yes, I just went there.

Don't even lie and tell me that you don't think it's hilarious.

In other news, bloggers who comment and say, "follow me and I'll follow you back?" kind of (okay, majorly) piss me off. I have worked incredibly hard on my blog and on building actual relationships with other bloggers in order to increase my readership. (I also can't believe that readership is a word...) So the fact that bloggers with crappy blogs try to gain hundreds of followers by sending out generic "follow me" messages irritates me. I mean, I freaking learned HTML code so I could make my blog look original and professional. You know when you're driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic and there's that one car that drives really fast in the Exit Only lane? And then that car tries to cut his sneaky little car in front of all the cars that drove according to the law? That's how those follow-me-bloggers are.

I get it. I've been really discouraged about not having as many blog followers as other people and have even considered posting a link to facebook because I know people would click on it. But then I mentally slap myself in the face and remind myself that I blog so I can freely express the feelings and opinions that I have without risking insanely huge arguments with the conservative facebook friends I have. It's a break from real life where I can be completely honest/rude/blunt.

That's why I blog.

So if making money and amassing followers is your thing? We probably don't have much in common, so maybe you could go ahead and delete your "Follow me I always follow back" comment from my blog.


11 comments:

  1. totally agree with you... bahhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are free to follow IF we like a blog but have to remember that the other person might NOT feel so interested in ours and respect that. =)

      Delete
    2. Exactly! If you like my blog, then follow it. If not, then don't. But I don't HAVE to follow your just because you followed mine, ya know? By the way, I love your new picture!

      Delete
    3. thanks! I guess that's my favourite so far too. =)

      Delete
  2. I delete any comments from mine that have a link in the body or the user name. All that is doing is linking something, and elevating their Google SRO ranking. So as soon as I see it, I delete them from my website.
    Huge difference between that a real comment from someone interested in the subject matter.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! hahaha Someone just posted a similar post like this...I said that I can see an increasing amount of business-y typed bloggers instead of regular ol' bloggers. I been blogging for over 2 years and I don't have that many followers..but I like it...it is like my little secret hobby/world. It is like that saying...better to have a small circle of friends than thousands of acquaintances. ;-)

    hahah okay so follow me back okay!!<---heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for sure. I told Chase that I love my blog followers because I feel like I know them a little bit, and that's what makes blogging fun! And no, Elizabeth, I will NOT follow you back! :D Just kidding...

      Delete
  4. Oh man, you beat me to it. This has been grating on me for a while now. I recently got a similar comment from someone whom I was *already* following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always leave my blog name under my name when I leave a comment but never a link to anything on my blog unless it actually relates to the post or was asked for. I agree with your post. That makes me mad too.

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely agree. I feel like it's okay to link if it A: Ties in to the blog post and you honestly think the blogger would enjoy seeing your post, or B: you are friends already and it doesn't seem like you're shamelessly searching for followers.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover