Friday, August 24

Glasses and Denim CopyCat






Can I tell you something that pisses me off? 

My computer didn't answer, so I'm going to assume you all would have answered affirmatively. It pisses me off when I read style blogs and can feel the elitist, superior personalities that ooze off of them. One blog that I love getting outfit ideas from wrote a post. Then as if this was an admission of poor fashion, she said, I usually end up wearing some version of this outfit at least once each summer. 

Seriously.

I'm not even going to lie. If I find an outfit I like, I usually end up wearing it at least once each week. I'm sure she is just incredibly blessed and creative and mixes up outfits like nobody's business. But that attitude is pretty lousy. What I really want to say is, All of your readers are not the type who buy a new shirt at Anthropologie every other day just so they can have a cute outfit to photograph, and most normal people have budgets and bills and do not obsessively photograph every detail of every outfit every single freaking day and really it's obnoxious to post perfect pictures of all of your "Iwearthisonceandthenthrowitaway" clothes and even when you post those sympathy-eliciting posts about how vulnerable you feel and you didn't even wear mascara today and you're being so real with your readers, you still manage to post a posed black and white picture of your semi-makeup-free face that looks like it was taken in a studio.

A black and white picture does not count as showing your true make-up free face. If I want to "fix" a picture I don't like of myself, I change it to black and white because it automatically hides every facial imperfection. It's like, Even when I'm ugly and hate myself, I'm still gorgeously ugly and my clothes still match. It reminds me of Helen from Bridesmaids, and that's basically the type of person I avoid at all costs. 

I'm just over fake-ness. I don't even think that's a word. I have many, many faults, but being fake is not one of them. Okay, I'm done. I promise not to post another pissy post the rest of the week. 


Outfit Details: 

Denim Shirt -- NY Jeans via Salvation Army $2
Tank top -- Mossimo via Goodwill $1
Shorts -- Bealls $4
Wedges -- Thrift shop $2

Total Cost: $9

18 comments:

  1. There's the feisty, opinionated beauty that I married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up! Some of the blogs I read make me feel like I hardly have any clothing (which would make you laugh if you saw my closets...yes, plural!), because they never seem to wear something more than once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! right? Oh, also the necklace in the picture was the one I told you about that I bought for the wedding and spray-painted. I still can't decide if I like it or not... What do you think?

      Delete
  3. It's okay if they buy it and wear it once as long as they donate it to Goodwill so I can snatch it up for a couple bucks. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're so right. I feel like that's what people in this area do, because there are always treasures at Salvation Army!

      Delete
  4. Okay, I think the necklace looks cute, but maybe a little lost in the boldness of the denim (wait...denim being bold?!)...maybe it would be a little better with something a little simpler. I don't know...I think it does look cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wicked side of me really wants to see what blog got you so worked up so I can have a good laugh. :P

    But the better side of me says to not let those kinds of blogs get you down (I purposefully avoid them!). Blogging doesn't lend itself to authenticity. It's so easy to make your life look perfect in blogland and feel good about yourself. Easy and sad!

    Love your blog, MaryBeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... well it was a few blogs. So after I vented to my blog and to my husband, I unsubscribed to avoid getting irritated. I definitely agree about blogland perfection. I think facebook is the same way. And thank you! I've loved reading yours as well. Btw, I'm jealous of the peplum shirt you made. I'm going to have to copy that fo sho.

      Delete
  6. I think the necklace goes really well with a casual look like this. It makes it look less like a bike chain :P Seriously, you're always so cute it almost pisses me off. Almost. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I checked out an uh-mazing book from the library about sorting and organizing your closet and what necessary items you should have. So I was thinking since I adore organizing, we should organize your closet then we can thrift for whatever other things you may need. Yes? :) I love you too!

      Delete
    2. I never turn down a good offer! I found a dish drainer today for .50! It's not cute or big, but it will work for now.

      Delete
  7. Preach it, girl! You know 's worse, when your friends on facebook do that. LOL I also feel like the more popular bloggers are in a stuck-up clique. I also hate bloggers who contact you saying if you follow them, they'll follow you back. I don't need to collect subscribers, thanks.
    Sigh. Thanks for letting me step on your soapbox. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, me too. I feel like they're incredibly desperate. I love it when more people follow my blog, but I'm certainly not going to follow somebody who probably doesn't even have that cool of a blog and they really just want tons of followers without putting thought into the content of their blog. And feel free to step on my soapbox any time! That's one of the reasons I blog. :)

      Delete
  8. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU GIRL! Some people are so dang.. ugh, haha! I honestly don't think you need a lot of $$ to have a good sense of style! I mean I may not look like I just walked out of a zara catalog but I'm confident in my skin and in what I decide to wear. Even if I had lots of money (which I don't) I wouldn't choose to waste it on ridiculously priced clothing. I'm always hunting the sales racks (;

    BTW you are absolutely adorable and thanks so much for your sweet comment on my little blog it means a lot! I just started following you because you seem like a genuine real person I can relate to (; Be sure to stay in touch!

    xx
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That comment made my day. And I will for sure. I love all the outfit pictures on your blog. :D

      Delete
  9. ABSOLUTELY! I agree 100%. 99% of us just want to be around "real"people we can relate to. Hollywood is an illusion. People need to leave it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. It's also an illusion that sucks and makes people not want to be your friend. Which is why I'm really liking the smaller, more honest blogs. :)

      Delete
  10. Love those shorts... and everything you've said here. It does get ridiculous trying to be like these "normal" girls... :)
    Anyways, I'm going to follow you now.
    Carrie

    carries-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover