Thursday, April 26

Saint Teresa

I decided from time to time I'm going to post about different subjects in which I'm interested on this blog. One, because not too many people read this, and I think I have already sufficiently offended most of my facebook friends, and two, it will help me organize my thoughts and have a place to vent them.

I read a prayer by Saint Teresa of Avila today that is absolutely beautiful and motivating.


Let nothing upset you,
Let nothing startle you.
All things pass;
God does not change.
Patience wins all it seeks.
Whoever has God lacks nothing:
God alone is enough.
I like the phrase "All things pass; God does not change." It puts a lot of frustrations and stresses of life into perspective. May God grant us hearts that focus on Him.

2 comments:

  1. I love this prayer! It reminds me of the prayer of Julian of Norwich: "…All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." It's like we are to pray as things are to be rather than how things appear to us to be. Beautiful picture also!

    And don't worry about offending people. The people who get upset aren't people who matter and the people who matter won't get upset. I love you and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you're right. I want to memorize some of those prayers. Haha... usually I don't worry about offending people, but I feel so judged by the majority of small-town, conservative America, so I am working on keeping my opinions to myself-at least until we move. :) I love you too!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover